21.12.2011

Echidna attack


Suddenly some small animal is crossing the road. I manage to stop in time, then park the car on the road side to have a look: It is an Echidna again, one of those fury Tasmanian ones. Also this one is quite shy, rolls itself into a spiky ball when noticing me approaching it. After some time its head emerges again out of the spikes and it looks around, if the danger is over. The clicking sound of my camera spooks it though and it immediately forms a spiky ball again. I wait for it to emerge again and start walking to get another picture. It is not easy to get ok pictures during noon here since the sun is high in the horizon and the contrasts between light areas in the sunlight and dark areas in the shade is quite strong. Emerging – click – forming a ball. Emerging – click – forming a ball. We play this game for a while until the Echidna suddenly changes direction and starts to walk straight towards me. “Now it has become used to the sound of my camera and is not afraid anymore”, I think. But wrong: It comes closer and closer, and then suddenly it lowers its head so that its spikes point right towards my leg. It got pissed off by its paparazzi and is attacking me! I am so astonished that I just manage to jump up to avoid the spikes. I stare at the small animal walking towards the forest. I guess also Echidnas want to have their privacy somewhen.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti